The office is manned from 8.30am- 12noon 1.00pm-4.00pm, an answerphone is available at other times.
School Opening Times:
Member of staff on duty from 8.40am, school starts 8.50am. School finishes at 3.30pm.
Absences must be reported to the office by 10am on the first day of absence, and each day thereafter.
Time off for children during term time is not normally permitted. In highly exceptional circumstances a request needs to be made to the Head Teacher. Absence must be approved prior to booking.
Grateley school uniform with the logo is available to purchase from Brigade at: www.brigadeuniformdirect.uk.com
Please ensure that all uniform is named, particularly jumpers and PE kits.
The uniform is:
Grey or black trousers, skirt or pinafore;
White polo shirt, with or without the school logo, blouse or shirt;
Grey, black or white socks/tights;
Sensible black shoes.
(Summer uniform - optional) Red gingham dress or grey/black shorts.
A tracksuit/jogging bottoms may be worn if the weather is cold.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school on a Monday for the week.
- Only prescribed medicines can be given in school.
- Medicines must be in their original, named container.
- The office holds a form that must be filled in and signed before medicine can be administered.
- Prescription medicines will be held by the office to be used when required.
- Inhalers/Epipens may be held in the office/classroom for use as required.
- There are first aid trained personnel in school to deal with any incidents that may occur.
A newsletter is sent home as required, either a paper copy or via email. They are also published on the website.
These newsletters include information, dates, news etc. that will be of interest to parents.
Text Message Services:
We run a text message service to give you information as necessary. This has proved very popular as it has removed the need to send messages home with the children in their bookbags.
The hot school meals are provided by HC3S, the Hampshire County Council's catering team. Children are able to have a choice of school meals, sandwiches, or a combination of the two. menu is on a three week cycle, it is changed twice yearly, around April and October.
Hot school meals are cooked on the premises and are free for children in Years R – 2 and cost £2.30 per meal for Year 3 – 6.
School meals can be paid for either at the beginning of each half term, we will send out a bill, or alternatively, on a weekly basis.
Free School Meals
All children in Key Stage 1 will be entitled to Universal Free School Meals from September 2014.
However, for some of those children, schools will also be able to claim Pupil Premium, which will help provide further support for those children. The criteria for eligibility is the same as, and comes from, what is the free school meal criteria from Key Stage 2 onwards.
This criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals from Key Stage 2 and or pupil premium for Key Stage 1.
For further details and to apply please click on the following link: Free School Meals
Cool Milk provide a school milk service to the school; all of the administration for this is done via their website www.coolmilk.com.
For further details please click on the Cool Milk icon
This milk is free for all children aged under 5 years old and children who are eligible for means tested free school meal. You just need to register via the cool milk website.
If your child is 5 years or over they are entitled to subsidised milk, you can register online and pay.
Please contact the school if you are unable to access a computer and we will help you register.